Dates of Issue
The Old Cornish Mine matchboxes were available between 1962 and 1967.
- The very first Old Cornish Mine matchbox was Rosemergy Mine (#1b) which was issued on 14th September 1962 with 36 average contents.
- In 1963 two boxes with 36 average contents were issued : Dolcoath (#10) and Heroic (#45).
- Starting in January 1964 seven more average contents 36 boxes were issued : Two Pennies (#5), Carn Camborne (#11), Carn Brea (#12), Botallack (#17), Swan Pool (#20), Hayle (#27) and Falcon Hotel (#30).
- In September 1965 the average contents was reduced to 35, and a total of twenty boxes were issued.
- In October 1966 the average contents were again reduced, to 34, and eight boxes appeared.
- In 1967 the last Old Cornish Mine matchbox was issued, Mitchell’s Winding Engine (#1a).
The dates for the Related Series are :
- Old West Country series first appeared in 1963
- Old Kentish Country series first appeared in 1965
- Cornish Wreck series started in January 1967 and ran until 1980