City of Paris
Ran aground in fog on on May 21st 1899 on the Lowlands inside the Manacles. She was re-floated and renamed the PHILADELPHIA. Marconi had one of the first radio cabins installed in this ship for communication with his Mullion Radio Station. The Inn at Coverack which was being built at the time, was named Paris Hotel after the incident.